By: A. Khan, F. Colace
There has been a recent shift in the meaning of the term “3D printing,” which was formerly used to describe a technique created by MIT scientists in 1993 and licensed to a number of companies. The term refers to a number of distinct techniques. Every single one of them uses CAD, or computer-aided design. Engineers use computer-aided design (CAD) software to build three-dimensional models of the final product .
Latest Use of 3D printing technology
- For the first time, doctors in China used a 3D-printed heart model to perform an open heart surgery on a baby with a critical cardiac condition, saving the child’s life .
- They are developing biomedical equipment that is more durable and lighter than current models, while yet providing an excellent fit .
- 3D printing optical glasses will allow for the cost-effective production of structurally difficult components for a wide range of applications .
- A three-year-old girl in China has become the first child in the world to have her skull reconstructed using 3D printing technology after a landmark 17-hour procedure .
- Higher education institutions are trying to keep up with the rapid advancements in additive manufacturing and 3D printing technologies in order to better serve the needs of students and researchers. Professors will be able to produce things for pedagogical materials using 3D printers, while PhD students will be able to use the printers for research. Colleges will be able to use 3-D printers for a wide range of applications .
- A building business in TEXAS, USA has already created a number of houses using 3D printing technology and has placed these homes on the market; the company is also planning a massive project to build houses using 3D printing technology. This corporation is now collaborating with NASA to build a lunar base, roads, and habitats. There are plans for a lunar RV, a liveable mobility platform, and a lunar surface dwelling to be put in place before the end of this decade [4-6].
Popular books in 3D Printing
3D printing is an important technology of this digital era, like any other technology [7-10]. Some important books on 3D printing as follows:
3D Printing For Dummies, 2nd Edition
By: Richard Horne, Kalani Kirk Hausman
3D Printing for Artists, Designers and Makers
By: Stephen Hoskins
By: John M. Jordan
Maintaining and Troubleshooting Your 3D Printer
By: Charles Bell
3D Printing with Delta Printers
By: Charles Bell
3D Printing with MatterControl
By: Joan Horvath, Rich Cameron
3D Printing in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
By: Lobat Tayebi, Reza Masaeli, Kavosh Zandsalimi
3D Printing: Breakthroughs in Research and Practice
Multimaterial 3D Printing Technology
By: Jiquan Yang, Li Na, Jianping Shi,
Wenlai Tang, Gang Zhang, Feng Zhang
Additive Manufacturing Technologies 3D Printing,Rapid Prototyping, and Direct Digital Manufacturing
By: Ian Gibson, David Rosen, Brent Stucker
3D Structure from Images — SMILE 2000
By: Marc Pollefeys, Luc Van Gool, Andrew Zisserman,
Microarray Bioprinting Technology
By: Moo-Yeal Lee
3D Printing Technology, Applications, and Selection
By Rafiq Noorani
Getting Started in 3D with 3ds Max Model, Texture, Rig, Animate, and Render in 3ds Max
By: Ted Boardman
Gum Printing A Step-by-Step Manual, Highlighting Artists and Their Creative Practice.
By: Christina Z Anderson
 W. ETHealthworld.com.
 Encyclopedia Britannica.
 Zaki, R. M., Strutynski, C., Kaser, S., Bernard, D., Hauss, G., et al. (2020). Direct 3D-printing of phosphate glass by fused deposition modeling. Materials & Design, 194, 108957.
 Rayna, T., & Striukova, L. (2014). The impact of 3D printing technologies on business model innovation. In Digital enterprise design & management (pp. 119-132). Springer, Cham.
 Kalsoom, U., Nesterenko, P. N., & Paull, B. (2018). Current and future impact of 3D printing on the separation sciences. TrAC Trends in Analytical Chemistry, 105, 492-502.
 Chen, Z. (2016). Research on the impact of 3D printing on the international supply chain. Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, 2016.
 A. Sethi, K. Yadav, Konstantinos Psannis (2021). Brain Computer Interface Technology. Insights2Techinfo. pp. 1
 Pooja (2021), XSS Research Directions. Insights2Techinfo, pp. 1
 AlZu’bi, S., Shehab, M., Al-Ayyoub, M., Jararweh, Y., et al. (2020). Parallel implementation for 3d medical volume fuzzy segmentation. Pattern Recognition Letters, 130, 312-318.
 R. S. Pal (2021) Phishing Attack in Modern World, Insights2techinfo, pp.1
Cite this article
A. Khan, F. Colace (2021), Top 15 Popular Books for Research in 3D Printing Technology,Insights2Techinfo, pp.1